The MACMUN 2021 Secretariat is pleased to present the committees that will be featured in our conference this year. Our conference features committees at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. It is beginner-friendly, and an enriching experience for delegates of all levels and disciplines.
Key information, including topics and background guides, regarding each of these committees can be found below. As well, you can check out the list of countries/organizations/characters that will be represented in each of these committees by clicking the button below:
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for ensuring international public health and leading partners in global health responses.
1. Ethics of Vaccine Fast-Tracking and Ensuring Equitable Distribution
2. Global Cooperation Surrounding Pandemic Preparedness & Mitigation Measures
The United Nations Environment Programme
discusses and resolves issues related to
the protection and revitalization of the
1. Stewardship of Ocean Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction
2. Responsible Resource Consumption Within Sustainable Cities
The International Court of Justice is the principal judicial organ of the United Nations.
1. Relocation of the United States Embassy to Jerusalem
(Palestine v. United States of America)
2. Protections against Discriminatory Use of Citizenship Law
(Ukraine v. Russian Federation)
The United Nations Permanent Forum on
Indigenous Issues is a dedicated space
bringing together nations to discuss and
develop resolutions to Indigenous Issues.
1. Sustainable Tourism and Indigenous Communities
2. Arctic Development and Indigenous Rights
Note: These committees are recommended for more advanced delegates.
Golden Age of Piracy
This historical committee is based on events that occurred between the 1650s and 1730s - a time period during which maritime piracy was active in the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, Indian Ocean states, North America, and West Africa.
The Iranian Revolution of 1979
Beginning in 1978, the Iranian Revolution was a series of events that culminated in the overthrow of the Pahlavi dynasty under Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, and the replacement of his government with an Islamic republic under the Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, a leader of one of the factions in the revolt.